What is the c.a.i.r. ministry?
- C.A.I.R. is Christian Addicts Into Recovery. This is a ministry based out of Dayton, Ohio that focuses on outreach through the internet. The goal is to have addiction and recovery information available to everyone in any location for free at whatever time they need it. You can find the facebook page here at www.facebook.com/theCAIRministry
- We are not a program. We are a resource of information and inspiration. This is not a program like Narcotics Anonymous or Celebrate Recovery, etc.. We are not a 12 step or alternative. My goal is to inform you of a variety of resources and tools you can use to improve your situation. This ministry is simply here to provide education on addiction, information for the addict seeking help or needing to manage relapse prevention, and to inspire people to enjoy life in recovery.
- The C.A.I.R. Ministry holds a holistic view of addiction and substance abuse. Chemical dependency is an illness. Addiction is a physical issue as well as a mental health issue. It is not a spiritual problem from a lack of faith. It is in no way a moral deficiency. Treatment for addiction should have an integrative approach of dealing with the physical and mental. It is also helpful for the overall person to strengthen their spiritual well-being through their relationship with Jesus. We respect that each person has a unique journey of coming to substance abuse and a unique journey of recovery.
- Beliefs - We believe that Jesus Christ is Lord. We believe that Christians are not exempt from struggling with substance abuse. There is a stigma around addiction. There is even more judgment and shame in many churches. We are not here to condemn anyone. This is a loving place to turn to. I do encourage anyone using drugs to seek professional treatment. We are not a replacement for rehab or counseling. We are an additional support. We believe that addicts are human beings worth loving and there is more to any person than just their addiction. Treatment is more effective than punishment. Recovery is possible!
- Because you are worth saving. Recovery is possible! The clean and sober life can be a very happy life. Your life matters! You have value.
- It's no secret that there is a lot of hate in this world towards addicts. Many people are not interested in understanding or helping. I want you to know there are people who do want to help. You are not a burden. You are worth helping!
- I decided to start the C.A.I.R. ministry because it was something God laid on my heart. I have the desire to help those struggling with drugs and alcohol because you matter. You are worth saving. I do believe you can have the victory over addiction. It’s okay to not be able to do it on your own. There’s nothing wrong with needing help. It takes a lot of strength and bravery to seek help. Even if you can do everything on your own, it's nice to have support from people who understand. I founded Christian Addicts Into Recovery because I care.